Electric overhead crane of circular motion (polar) is installed in reactor compartment building.
Electric overhead crane is designed for:
- installation and construction works during NPP building;
- transport-and-processing operations with new and spent fuel, radioactive wastes, reactor facility elements, etc. — at NPP operation, during preventive maintenance and reconstruction;
- lift-and-transport operations on equipment dismounting of reactor building hermetic zone — at decommissioning.
The crane consists of the following main parts:
- bridge with gantry for electric hoist moving;
- crane traveling mechanism;
- 1 or 2 trolleys (main and auxiliary) with truck capacity up to 370 and 160 tons correspondingly, auxiliary lifting mechanisms — from 32 tons to 2×70 tons;
- electric hoists with capacity up to 10 tons (each of them);
- electric equipment and cable set;
- flexible current-conducting wire to crane and service platform with wiring case to be installed on it.
Overhead crane is installed onto runway, performed in circular form, for the following working motions execution:
- circle wise traveling;
- trolley traveling along the crane bridge;
- lifting and lowering of main and auxiliary suspensions and hoist suspension;
- main hoist yoke rotation around vertical axis through 360°;
- yoke axis extension;
- main suspension aligning.
Technical parameters and standard sizes of equipment (mm):
- According to PNAEG-1-011 (OPB-88/97) the crane is an element of normal operation system and belongs to 1 safety class (classificatory designation: 1N).
- According to NP-043 the crane group on safety effecting — А.
- According to PN-031 the crane belongs to I aseismic class.